Welcome! I’m the Rev. Dr. Ken Saunders, and I currently serve as the Rector of St. James Episcopal Church in Greeneville, Tennessee.
The sermons and homilies posted here were preached in the context of worship at the various places I have served, from 2007 to the present.
A brief note about what you’ll find here: sermons and homilies are not academic papers. They are commentaries on the appointed Scripture readings, written primarily for the ear rather than the eye. They are meant to be heard in the context of worship, and as a result, you may encounter sentence fragments, conversational language, repetition, and other characteristics of spoken rather than written communication.
My hope is that these sermons offer a glimpse into my approach to preaching, Scripture, and the ministry of the Gospel—and, perhaps, give you something to think about, question, or carry with you.
Thanks for stopping by!
Tuesday, December 24, 2019
Year A - Christmas Eve - December 24, 2019
The Rev. Kenneth H. Saunders III
St. James Episcopal Church
Greeneville, TN
No comments:
Post a Comment